Railroad 100% Embroidered Patch Collectible - Rock Island
In 1892 the Rock Island completed a line from Kansas across Oklahoma Territory to the Red River . In order to extend this line into Texas , a charter was obtained on July 15, 1892, for the Chicago , Rock Island and Texas Railway Company to build from the north line of Montague County south to Weatherford in Parker County , a distance of seventy-five miles. On February 2, 1893, the charter of the Chicago , Rock Island and Texas was amended to provide for an extension to Fort Worth and Dallas . In August 1903 ninety-two miles of track was opened between the Oklahoma-Texas line through Bridgeport and on to Fort Worth . The line was laid through Wise County in 1893 and came within a mile east of Bridgeport. At that time Bridgeport was located on the banks of the Trinity River. The town moved from that location to its present site occuping land on both sides of the tracks. The charter was further amended to authorize a line from Bridgeport to Graham, and the fifty-five mile line was completed in 1903.